All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 11:35 

Excellent Final Point. yes, I agree....Refs should never be a PART of the game, just an additional person on the court. As mentioned in the initial thread, my frustration is that my team and other teams have grown into the game but the Refs have not progressed with the players. As the Players have started to understand how to work the game, play the game, control the game, etc, the Refs are not growing with the players.

The players are learnign to be more aggressive, yet, the Refs are providing ony a limited amount of control.

Thanks for all the thoughts...I have notified my Leageue Coordinator in the proper manner.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 14:09 

Every thing the previous coaches have mentioned is right on target but I would like to add one suggestions. I have ran coaching clinics for youth basketball and helped train coaches working with beginning players. Just as coaches need training and experience, officials are the same. Especially those at the beginning levels. You may suggest a one day coaches/officials clinic done by local coaches and officials. I have helped organize that in my community and I believe it can become very helpful.