Why You Should Listen?
He doesn’t believe in the shot fakes or reading the defense, and his “triple threat” is completely different from basketball’s traditional shoot, pass or dribble mentality. Breakthrough Basketball’s Don Kelbick is one of the most unique thinkers in basketball, and the NBA and world basketball community are listening.
Coaches like Jeff Van Gundy have trusted Don and his methods to develop the skills and mentality that players need to succeed in the toughest league in Earth, the NBA. Players like Raja Bell, Bruce Bowen, Carlos Arroyo and JJ Barea have all revolutionized their game skills and mental approach to the game under Don’s unconventional approach to skill training.
In this Jim Huber Podcast, you will learn coaching and training secrets from a man who has literally spent his life immersed in the game as a player, a college assistant and head coach, an NBA Scout, and now one of the most sought after skill and mentality trainers in the USA. As we produced this particular podcast, we marveled at the depth and unconventional wisdom Don shared. This podcast is a goldmine for coaches, skill trainers and players alike and you will have your traditional beliefs challenged. Don is an out of box treasure!
Enjoy this episode of The Jim Huber Show!
What You will Hear In This Podcast
- 0:30- Who is Don Kelbick
- 2:02- The importance of developing a mentality to not be afraid of making mistakes
- 4:34- Coaches need to be introspective to the way they coach
- 6:45- Effective ways to get players to not just hear you but to listen to you
- 11:11-Ways to get players to develop a fearless attitude
- 12:53- The way that a coach should view practices vs games
- 17:16- Strategic ways to teach your players during the games
- 21:05- Open communication with your players is vital to getting their buy in
- 23:10- Mike D’Antoni’s effective strategy in creating partnership with his players
- 24:12- Zone defenses is a disservice to developing youth
- 25:26- Switching vs fighting through screens
- 27:22- You can’t guard everything, so pick what you allow the offense to run
- 28:23- Use Icing a ball screen against players that can do special things
- 29:58- If you can’t play man to man defense then you can’t play zone defense
Find Don’s offense, skill development, and defense products at: Don Kelbick Basketball Resources and Solutions
Get information on Don Kelbick’s camps with Breakthrough Basketball at https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/camps
Follow on Twitter: @kelbickd
Find information on coach Don Kelbick at http://www.donkelbickbasketball.com/
Hit me up @jimhubershow or reply back to this email
Remember: “Let’s Make The World Better Through Sports”