All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 17:26 

Me and my bro was playing a game today, and my dad saw me dribble btw my legs, and today is his 66th birthday, so hes old school, so he made me and him go 1 via 1 and well i kinda crossed him over, didn't wanna hurt him, but my point is, is trying to cross someone over "showing off"? do coches not like it? will it hurt my chances on the team? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 17:46 

robert.s64 wrote:
Me and my bro was playing a game today, and my dad saw me dribble btw my legs, and today is his 66th birthday, so hes old school, so he made me and him go 1 via 1 and well i kinda crossed him over, didn't wanna hurt him, but my point is, is trying to cross someone over "showing off"? do coches not like it? will it hurt my chances on the team? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

Well, of course you don't want to hurt your dad........ but when you are playing in games..... the CROSSOVER can be your BEST friend. Watch any PRO games lately? Thoes guys are great at it. I don't think its showing off and if a coach doesn't like that move.... there has to be something wrong with him.

Let me put it this way..... it sure wouldn 't hurt your chances of making MY TEAM if you could make that move.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 17:58 

robert.s64 wrote:
yeah, today i was clutch from 3, always having to comeback on the 3 point compitions but usually doings so, unfortiently the coach wasn't there, if he was he'd have saw bc everyone went crazy haha i felt great i could NOT hid my smile

Just as long as you aren't trying to show someone up after making a shot . .. you should be fine.

robert.s64 wrote:
hey if its the last thing i do i Will have some carrer with basketball, and will have money, and everyone WILL KNOW MY NAME!!! just wait, give me 2 yrs

First thing.... don't worry about the money , that will take care of itself..... remember, ACADEMICS will take you a lot farther than sports will..... at least in most cases...... think of this.... you make it big and tear a knee up and you are done...... where do you go from there?

I wasn't good enough to play, being small certainly didn't help me.... but going to school / college and getting multiple degrees helped me a lot along with making more money. If aslo allowed me to do what I wanted to do, coach high school basketball.

Just keep trying to do the best you can and improve on your game every time you set foot on the floor., Remember its a team game.... help to make your team better as you improve yourself...... THAT will get your name out there. Be humble, play hard and play smart..... people WILL know who you are.

I coached for 42+ years...... so I guess I loved the game a lot. I turned down the head football job to wait for the head basketall job.

robert.s64 wrote:
thank you again... man, i love the game so much, i hope you do to

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 19:26 

yeah, im not the guy to rub my success in others faces, its not right, childish, and just plain stupid, as i was about 11 or 12 and shorter/weaker... i was kinda mocced i guess for not being "as good" as others, but uits way different now, but there will always be someone better than youself.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2014, 12:32 

You are on the right track then!

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2014, 18:11 

played basketball for about 3 total hrs today, i can FEEL my shot improving day by day, i can wait till tryouts and im nervous but im just like everyone else there, i have no GARUENTED chance of making the team, one question, should i take most my shots on day 1 (to make a good first impression), or pass a lot on day 1 and shoot more on ast day? or day 1 shoot more, pass/team stuff for day 2, and shoot more day 3? what would you do and why?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 10:48 

Pretty simple, let the shots find you instead of you finding the shots / FORCING THEM. Don't be afraid to shoot the ball when you are open and don't be afraid to make a pass to someone who has a better shot than you do.

Right now I believe that you are OVER THINKING all of this...... RELAX, play smart and have some fun.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 14:16 

basketball tryouts tomorrow... i can not wait. Im pumped, well rested, and went 5 for 5 on 3 pointers today in a 3 point compitition! i cant wait, imma steal a pass, make 3 layups, 1 jumpshot and 2 3's in scrimmage, i know i will, but i wont force the shots. Im pretty Confident right now, one again thanks for everything. Do you recomind me doing nothing the rest of today or wht? shott a shoot a little? Honestly what would you do?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 17:32 

You have worked hard getting ready for the tryouts.... don't beat yourself up now..... IF you think that you need to shoot a little more - shoot some free throws and some mid range shots just to work on your form and its consistency. JMO

Good luck and I hope that the tryouts go well for you. :-)

OH YEAH..... RELAX NOW.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 17:42 

HAHA, yeah ill relex, listen to some "pump up" music b4 tryouts (eminem) but i realy cant wait and thanks about good luck, but at this time skill is more important than luck, but really thanks, they start tomorrow right after school. my plan is that well i know NOONE wants to shoot the first shot in scrimmage, so IF i have the chance to shoot a 3, ill do it, that should start things off great confidence wise, if i hit one i am honestly unbeatable, ESPECIALLY if its my FIrst shot, but once again thanks for everything, i did go outside, me and Anthony (brother) played 1 via 1 2x and it was more a friendly game, not really tough D and stuff, just to work on my shot, and tbh my 3 is falling! hey it probs sound like im nervious by like telling you all this stuff but im really not, just a little but everyone will be, im very confident and cant waait, they end at 5:30, so about 6 ish when i go home (north carolina time) ill tell you how i did and i wil be COMPLETLY honest, because lying to you about how i play is pretty stupid bc what the point LOL but yeah once agsin THANKYOU and pray that i can play to the best of my ability... here we go

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next