All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 14:27 

yeah, i developed a "proper" jumpshot about in 7th grade summer, like i said i shoot a little weird but it works, and today me and my brother, we arn't blood related, played on teams of 2 for 3 pointer shootout.... and tbh we DOMINATED. really we did, it felt great, and if you know what a pacer test is in highschool for PE i did 101 today but next time ill have more, and after we did a little 4 on 4 scrimmage, with me and 2 other kids being the best out there, one was on my team, he plays pg also, and i had about 12 or 14 points, 5 ish assist, and about 2 steals, but wissed a couple of semi-reverse layups bc i couldn't get a good spin on it, but it went good, im feeling so confident thanks to you and tryouts are right around the corner, and #13 means the WORLD to me, idk why haha, but once again thanks to u and i read othe pges and one said live to get open like cutting in then back out... well it made a huge difference today, and my defender had atleast 5 inches on me, so everything on here really helps

THANKYOU!!!!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 14:31 

how tall were you as a junior/senior bc in 5'5 and about 130 lbs but in great shape but i want to grow a lot, but cant really buy like useless shakes or powders or useless exercises, do you have any tips for growth?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 15:34 

robert.s64 wrote:
how tall were you as a junior/senior bc in 5'5 and about 130 lbs but in great shape but i want to grow a lot, but cant really buy like useless shakes or powders or useless exercises, do you have any tips for growth?

When I graduated I was 5 ' 6 did keep growing thank God....I got sick of being teased as a freshman.... I kept saying that I was going to be 6' if it was the last thing I diid..... I ended up just under 6. Your genitics will decide how talk yuo will be..... if you have some tall guys in your family.... You MIGH get their size too. ( ask your dad )

I'm glad that I can help you, nice to be able to give back to this game and the kids that play it...... Hey , when you get to the Pros, send me some tickets!!

Keep on believing in yourself... work hard at your game and have fun doing it.
Play smart and don't forget about the defensive end of the floor. It sounds like you are doing well, hang in there and get ready for tryouts. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 15:49 

Haha, okay My name is Robert Sells, email me for them tickets, we have a meating in a hour 1/2 to sign papers to tryout, my dad said i wont play if the school is not responsible for injuries, bc my brothr broke a ankle last yr and he had to pay part of it bc the messed up the paperwork... but i will try my hardest and i cant wait!!! NBA would make my dad so proud, and would make my life, i wouldnt be cocky, i would donate a lot and im a christian so id be a good influence i guess, well i cant wait this yr

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 16:04 

remember im adopted so its impossible to know my height growth
my dad and his dad was tall, but idk my biological mom and dad

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 17:26 

Robert -

E mail you for the tickets? Heck with that..... fly them out to me in your private plane LOL Think positive now... things will GO WELL for you. You sound like a great kid, keep it up. Pick some good friends and stay out of trouble

Here is a tip for you, enjoy school, do your best because those 4 years will go by faster than you can believe. I have 2 nephews and 1 niece and one was a great athlete.

Now relax a little bit.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 17:28 

Since you are a Christain --

Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path

. — Proverbs 23:19 (NIV)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2014, 19:14 

thanks, and yeah these last few years were really fast, and these will be quiker, which i haste bc i love school and i got some close friends that i prob want see after highschool
We just ended the meating, after nxt week he gives everyone a little card, one says he will see you monday, the other you didn't make it, i know what i want, then tryouts continue the nxt week, i feel pretty confident really, hey i can only do the best i can. And some better news... i found out they are splitting tryouts with JV & Varsity, which they never done before, which is good for me because im in the top 5 if not 3 for 9th graders, man i can't wait, we have a new JV coach which is also good bc he want have "picks" in tryouts, so it should be fair, well wish me luck, tomorrow im going ful out at school during lunch and the coach usually watches us shoot 3's... its going to be hard, but i think all my hard work and gallons of sweeat this summer will finially pay off!
Ill be sure to buy you a jet for yourself, and season passes! ill tell you how i do in tryouts and nxt week and tomorrow and all that.... WOW TIME FLYES BY SOOOO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 06:58 

robert.s64 wrote:
And some better news... i found out they are splitting tryouts with JV & Varsity, which they never done before, which is good for me because im in the top 5 if not 3 for 9th graders, man i can't wait, we have a new JV coach which is also good bc he want have "picks" in tryouts, so it should be fair, well wish me luck, t

Splitting the JVs a and Varsity along with a separate coach is a great idea. I had 5 levels in my program... Freshman A & B - Sophomore, JV and Varsity.... we got a lot of kids to play in the program.

Good luck in the tryouts and you always want to play hard, whether the coach is there or not... that way it just becomes part of your life.

Thanks for the Jet and season passes! Keep us informed as to how you do in practices/tryouts!

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 14:48 

yeah, today i was clutch from 3, always having to comeback on the 3 point compitions but usually doings so, unfortiently the coach wasn't there, if he was he'd have saw bc everyone went crazy haha i felt great i could NOT hid my smile XD i will keep u informed, we have only jv and varsity teams (2 total) but they use to tryout together, now seperate so thats good. I can not wait... 4 days not counting that firstday!!!!! welcome on that jet, hey if its the last thing i do i Will have some carrer with basketball, and will have money, and everyone WILL KNOW MY NAME!!! just wait, give me 2 yrs, 1 if u live in NC bc im going to work soooooooooooo hard this season to be the best, everyone says that, just like theres 100 players our there, but only one BASKETBALL player, just bc u play and are good doesn't mean you can be great (key words, good and great)... i will be on top, im not braging, being sarcascit, cocky, im being a baller... thank you again... man, i love the game so much, i hope you do to

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next