All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 02:56 

Hi there,

I'm sure that I just can't see it, how do you turn OT off so it doesn't automatically create an OT if the scores are level at the end of the last period.

Great app.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 08:32 

Brad,

There isn't a way to disable OT's. What is the situation where you don't want to go to OT?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 12:45 

Same question - WHY wouldn't you want to go to OT if the score is tied at the end of regulation?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 15:53 

I'm in Australia, at junior level even in the top league we don't play overtime during the regular season! we let the draw stand and each team gets 2 points. We only play OT in finals. So OT is the exception.

Do you not let a draw stand in the US? Do you always play overtime in all games at all levels?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 17:24 

Brad,

That's interesting. Best I know we don't do that in the U.S., but I'm sure there could be some exceptions to that.

I don't think it hurts anything to just let the game stop without starting the time in OT. The stats should be good.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 17:27 

I think it affects player time as it assumes the players that were on at the end of the last period play the OT period. I'm not sure if there are other stats that use player time as an input. I've already tried to compensate for this by setting OT to 1 min.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 17:42 

Brad,

Is the player time affected even if you don't start the OT timer?

By the way, it will be easier to take this discussion to the support email. I may want to have you send me some reports, etc.

So, please reply by going into the app and send an email in the About area by tapping on the Contact button. I will see the email and will know what this is about.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 18:21 

The OT is just like another period here in the States.... All the stats, including fouls are still counted.

I have never seen a game stopped because of a tie.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 19:33 

Dennis, yes player timer is affected even if OT is not started. It adds the OT period to the playing time of the players that were on when the last period ended.

I have sent feedback though the app as requested.

Coach Sar, we don't stop a game because of a tie, we just don't keep playing because of a tie, except in finals. The draw stands and both teams get 2 points.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 20:54 

Brad,

Thanks for the feedback. In the future, if you have a problem or question it is best to use the app for support. However, use the Contact button, not the Feedback button. The Contact button gives us your return email address, but the Feedback button is anonymous.

We will look at why the time is added to the player time even if the OT is not started.