All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 00:01 

I would like to chart an individual player's shots. Perhaps maybe a heat map showing the team or an individuals shooting percentage visually. We're already able to tap the screen to indicate where the make or miss occurred but I can't figure out a way to produce that in a report. Sure we get shooting percentage, but I'd also like to map where the makes and misses are in an individual game and cumulatively over a period of games. It can help identify where a shooter is strongest and where they need to improve. It's more visually helpful than simply tracking points in the paint. It can also help us coaches know where specific players are most effective.

Great app. The more I use and explore it the more useful it is for me.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 08:46 

Currently, there is no way to see an individual player's shot chart. However, we have designed and will soon be working on a way to view and export an individual player's shot chart.

In addition, we will have a report called The Shot Zones Report. It would have 2 formats.

One would be The Shot Zone Performance option which will show in numerical terms how many shots were made and attempted in a specific area or zone along with a percentage of shots made in that zone. This would be available for individual players as well as the entire team.

The other format would be The Shot Zone Distribution Report which would be the same as the Shot Zone Performance Report except the numbers displayed would be shots attempted in a specific zone and the total shots attempted in all zones. So, the percentage displayed would be calculated by dividing shots attempted in a zone by total of all shots in all zones. Again, this would be available for individual players as well as the entire team.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 11:09 

That is excellent! When can we expect to see that update available in the app?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 11:14 

I can't give you a date at this time, but it is going to be worked on soon. Unfortunately, programming is more art than science and getting accurate dates is almost impossible, so we don't want to give out a date and then miss it.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 11:31 

I understand. Nevertheless, the app is fantastic. So thank you!

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 10:40 

Hi! I am interested in buying your app but I really need this feature.
Is the The Shot Zones Report available yet?
Thanks.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 11:05 

Vittorio,

The Shot Zones Report and the Shot Chart Report is complete, but they haven't been released to the app store yet. We are tweaking a couple of other items and then it will be released. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks.

You'll like it, I'm sure.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 11:18 

Thank you, can't wait!