All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 01:10 

Long story short, I have to take it easy from basketball for the next few weeks.. let's say 20 days. No injuries, but i have been strongly advised to just take a breather as injuries could be lurking. Lower leg business.

Currently I am in a rec league that plays once a week. Luckily next week we have off! However, the tournament is just around the corner and I would prefer not to lose any steam going forward due to this leg issue.

My question to you folks:
What could I be doing to maintain/improve myself or my team during this break? Again, I have been advised to completely focus on resting my legs. This means no jump shots, jogging, etc. Stationary ball handling drills are about the only thing I can think of at the moment.. Also maybe evaluating the team from a new point of view during practice?

Anything helps. I'll be resting up which I suppose to the number one thing to do. I'd just like to do everything I can to help put us in the best position to win.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 10:23 

This is a tough call since we really don't know what the problem is.... I would say, listen to your doctor. Ask him about the ball handling drills, find out IF this is ok. You might ask him if it would be ok to shoot some free throws.... get some one to rebound for you and feed you the balls so you can shoot,