All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2009, 10:25 

I was wondering if you had any advice on our 7th grade bball team watching basketball. Would you suggest any list of questions/things to look for when watching a ncaa game or even watching the 8th graders play....or even themselves on film. We have lost 4 in a row (none by more than 4), and I want to keep the morale up, but also concentrate on things we need to execute better. So, I am really looking for some questions to have them answer or things to look for over Thanksgiving Break when they get the chance to watch basketball.
Thanks a lot! -Justin

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2009, 18:19 

Justin,

I'm not sure kids at that age are going to learn anything from watching a game in person, on TV or a tape. They end up watching for enjoyment and thats fine. IF you want them to get something out of it you are going to have to point them in the right direction. Tell them what you want them to look for.
Write down the areas that you think your team is lacking at...... and then put them in your next practice plans until you have them corrected. At that age they are still learning... teach a lot of fundamentals first and foremost.
Remember, this is supposed to be fun for them.... so don't give them some assignment that makes them think they are back at school. JMO

Ken