All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 18:51 

Basketball is one of the many ways to see social world. It can provide anyone positive effects such increase of self-esteem, gains of confidence and improvement of self-image. It is said that positive effects of basketball to an individual or group are reflected from win-loss record of an individual or group. However, if basketball has positive effects, then it is fair to say that it also has negative effects.

Now, what are the negative effects of basketball to individual or group of person? What are the ways to prevent the negative effects of basketball?

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 02:19 

You can't prevent negative things to come up. Anyone who try should never fear to fail, if they don't fail they'll never improve.
FOr example, A player shoots a basketball at the last 1.4 seconds of the game. THe ball hits the rim and miss. The player have a negative thought hit him. It is not his fault, he will need to move on.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2011, 04:44 

IF someone is getting negative effects because he lost a game, then he and the coach need to rethink their thought process. Its a game, sometimes you eat the Bear and some times the Bear eats you.
Play the game, learn from your mistakes and move on. I coached one team that went 1-26 after we lost our two best players and scorers.... we had a great season, played hard and had fun.... tried a lot of different things but if you cant score you don't win. They played very hard as a TEAM and its more about team work that just the Ws.
As a coach its up to you to guide your playes through the difficult times and make sure it is a learning experience....there are a lot of hills and valleys in life, Ws and Ls are part of that. Michael Jordan has a great quote about some of hte misses in his career.

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan