All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010, 01:59 

HOW DO YOU DEFINE SPORTS? WHAT IS SPORTS IN YOUR PLACE?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010, 07:11 

I think that depends at what level you are talking about.... Certainly the Pros are all about winning and making money while at the lowest level (at least is should be) about having fun, teaching skills and team work.
At our school (high school level) it was more about getting a lot of kids to participate since the number of skilled athletes was lower than a lot of the surrounding schools.
Certainly the coaches felt differently, they wanted to be able to compete and hopefully get some Ws. I think most coaches feel that way. I know I did.
We wanted to teach them about sportsmanship, team work and giving them life skills that would help them to succeed in life. (not necessarily sports but life in general) I am very proud of the players that went on to be successful in their walks of life, doctors, lawyers, engineers and many other careers.
I always told them to "find something you love to do and you will never work a day in your life." I'm not exactly sure what answer you are looking for but this was our philosophy.

. The following is from a dictionary:
a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 08:43 

who is allowed to play sports?

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 12:32 

You could say that anyone is allowed... but not everyone wants to play.... there probably is a sport out there for everyone if they look hard enough.