All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 12:05 

I don't mean to get all gushy here but thought it worth mentioning.
I wrote my first message a few months ago regarding my daughter's club ball experience. ( It wasn't very positive) She's 13 and has had a chance to play on her school team. She'll also be on the all-star team and was chosen to join an elite development camp. She's had many high's and things seem more balanced for her now. Just wish more female club ball players understood better what good sportsmanship stood for and weren't so nasty to each other but that's a whole other topic isn't it?
I wasn't sure I had the stomach for the lows in competitive sports to continue to support my daughter's wishes. It can get ugly.
Thank you for taking the time to develop this site, for your strong technical feedback and for your encouragement to keep going. It can be really tough for parents to stay composed and see the big picture. I hope this message helps other parents to hang in there when things aren't ideal.

Sincerly,
b-ball parent

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 12:38 

Good sportsmanship is taught by the COACHES and the parents need to help their kids even IF the COACHES don't teach that. I for one would not let a kid of mine play for a coach like that. AND I would tell him the reason why. Be patient, find good programs for your daughter to play in.... and hopefully when she gets to high school things will improve dramatically.
Stick by your daughter, help her thru the tough times - encourage her to play the game the right way and NOT exhibit poor sportsmanship... she can be a leader in this area if she will just step up to the plate.

Good luck and hang in there. Glad we could be of help to you and your daughter.

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 12:58 

Hey Coach,

I hear what you're saying and I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, that part of basketball ( or any other sport for that matter ) isn't always strongly emphasized, especially when you start dealing with cliques.
We've both learned alot.
Thank you for the well wishes. :)

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 13:01 

Those coaches should be laying bricks then! They have NO business working with kids. Keep up the good work with your daughter

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 19:53 

Will do! :)