All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 07:52 

Hello,

My Boy is 5.11, He is good at basketball, how can he increase his jump? any special exercises or what about the online training programs?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 14:35 
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't have any programs that I recommend for vertical jump.

As a coach and trainer I don't think that is very important. However if a player is interested in jumping higher I might use that as a tool to motivate them to do a workout that makes them stronger, improve movement skills, lower likelihood of injuries, and quicker. Jumping higher is just a byproduct of a good athletic development workout and I just use that as incentive to do the workout.

I send my kids to a local trainer does strength training in small groups...
10 minutes warm up
15-20 minute speed agility, plyometrics
25-30 minutes of strength
5 minute cool down.

Lots of coordination, body control, injury prevention, and all around work to improve athleticism.

I will mention that I put a lot more stock into shooting, a quick release, decision making, defense, rebounding (you don't have to jump high), ballhandling skills, footwork, and basketball IQ than jumping high. I would focus my time and energy on improving in those areas. Jumping high is very low on the priority list in my opinion. But I completely understand that it's cool and players are drawn to jumping and hanging on the rim!!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 23:47 

Thanks for the reply !!! :)