All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 07:18 

Ok I currently have a basketball and a tennis ball. I saw some drills that includes a tennis ball wherein they bounce it and they snatch it mid air while doing a dribbling move.

Is this drill really effective? If yes, how do I do it? Do I run the court while dribbling both basketball and a tennis ball? Or stationary? I have no idea.

If no, are there any other dribbling drills that mainly improves your speed and explosive movements. I'm not into fancy moves.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 17:49 

There are definitely some great YouTube videos that deal with tennis balls and dribbling, just do a search on YouTube. You can work drills by yourself or with a partner. The tennis ball drills aren't really meant for improving speed or explosiveness, they're more designed to help your coordination and agility.

I would say the same for finding speed and explosiveness dribbling drills. Not trying to pawn you off on YouTube, but trust me, there's a ton of great videos that can give you practical workouts. You just need to check out a few and decide which ones work for you.

Jeff might have a few in his explosive dribbling drill bag.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 03:30 

Ohhh thanks. I remember someone calling those tennis ball drills as a "joke" (2 years ago), but turns out he's the joke. Thanks, I'll try it out maybe this weekend. (I can't train everyday these days)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 13:27 

I wouldn't make tennis ball drills a major part of your routine, but it definitely can help improve your focus and coordination.