All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 22:35 

Hi Don,

I wanted to provide some feedback for your Attack and Counter System.

I coach a school team here in Australia. The boys are U16 going into U18s next season, and I have coached them for several seasons now. Not having any basketball background when starting coaching, (soccer only) I had a large learning curve around first the rules of the game, and skills. I learnt as many skills as possible along with drills of this site and others, however, by 12 months ago I was starting to feel my knowledge was not sufficient enough to take the boys further. Other coaches kept suggesting various drills plays and drills, and it all seemed to much to remember.

At the start of last season I decided to purchase your Attack and Counter System. The difference was immediate.

From a coaching perspective, your system provided the understanding I have been searching for, breaking basketball movements into a series of movements which could be coupled together in different combinations rather than each approach to the ring being its own independent movement.

From a team perspective, I have seen massive improvement from the entire team, at different rates of course, however all players have increased their skills. Their confidence to accept a challenge and put the drills into action on the court is high. One player in particular (tall post player) had never done a layup. After several drills from the dvd, I challenged him that I wanted him to do 2 lay ups in a half. He did 1 however, far as I was concerned, that was a success. Now he is scoring 4 or 5 lay ups per game and confidence continues to grow.

The end result, we won the division grand final that season, and are continuing to improve.

After the last success, this month I have purchased the Motion Defense system, and I am hoping to learn as much from that at the defensive end of the court as I believe I have done from the Attack System.

Regards and thank you
David

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 13:42 

David

Thanks for your note. I am happy for your success.

If I can help you, let me know. You can contact me at Don@Kelbick.com.