All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 08:00 

Greetings Coaches,

Curious as to if any of you are familiar with what type of motion offense Coach Geno runs with his lady Huskies. I noticed them running it last year in the championship game vs Notre Dame. The offense revolved around their big Stefanie Dolson at the free throw line. I have been trying to research what type of offense they were running, but cannot find a definitive name for it. Some suggest 4-out motion or 2-3 high patterned offense. One pattern I notice is the ball is entered into the high post and both top guards will cut off of Stefanie. I am a fan of the 5 out motion and we run it with our boys, however, we have a slower big that might work better with this type of offense. Does anyone know if this offense has a specific name? Do you have any suggestions where I may find some resources to use in implementing this type of offense into our own.

Thanks in advance for the help

-Coach Tim

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 16:28 

I was at the Knight Auriemma clinic and got his installation method. The notes I took are actually shared on basketballhoopscoop.com

This is the link:

http://www.mensbasketballhoopscoop.com/bob-knight-geno-auriemma-nike-clinic-notes/

You'll have to look through all of the notes. It is essentially a 2-3 approach. It is a high post triangle and the flow of the offense has a structure, but it is also a free form for movement. The better and more instinctive your players are, the more freedom they have.

I found the installation process, starting with a high post handoff similar to the UCLA scissors action, to be very simple to install with my team.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 19:08 

Thanks Brian! I've downloaded your notes and will check them out soon. Surely do appreciate your help. I've found some drills that Coach Geno uses to teach some of the entries into the various patterns, but none that map out the overall offense.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 19:15 

Anytime. You can post here with questions about it. I have his high post drills DVD and practice ddrills DVD too. So happy to help.