All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2019, 16:26 

Does anyone have suggestions on how to run the 4v4v4 drill when you have 9 players on your roster? I love the concepts of this drill but trying to figure out a way to run it when we don't have 12 players.

thanks

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2019, 12:20 
Site Admin

You can run 3on3on3. It's a different dynamic... but you can do it and I think it will helpful.

If you just have 9... you can also play 4v4 and then modify the rules of the game to get the look and situations you want to practice. For example, on every change of possession (make or miss)... the two back defenders run back... the two players closest to the basket have to run out of bounds to mid-court and they can't join the team until the ball passes mid court. This gives you 4v2 situations over and over. Then you can stop play and sub the 9th player that's sitting out every 4 minutes or so.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 14:55 

JeffHaefner wrote:
You can run 3on3on3. It's a different dynamic... but you can do it and I think it will helpful.

If you just have 9... you can also play 4v4 and then modify the rules of the game to get the look and situations you want to practice. For example, on every change of possession (make or miss)... the two back defenders run back... the two players closest to the basket have to run out of bounds to mid-court and they can't join the team until the ball passes mid court. This gives you 4v2 situations over and over. Then you can stop play and sub the 9th player that's sitting out every 4 minutes or so.

Thanks for your thoughts Jeff.