All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2017, 16:16 

My question concerns defense after missed shots. If we miss a shot and drop back on Defense, who do our players guard? Do they get 2 assignments for example #5 plays up in the press but in transition they are guarding a big? or does everyone drop back and call a player out? For substitutions is the player going out tell the sub you are #5 and you are guarding #24? Just don't want to give up free baskets during substitutions because in transition the sub didn't know who to guard. I hope I explained that right.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 06:47 

Hey this is Coach Haske. . To answer match up issues. After misses the players should be able to get back and guard their match ups we determine pregame or as the game progress. During substitutions give payers a towel and have them hand off to the the guy they are going in for and as they go by each other hand off the towel and tell them their match. In scramble situations we yell " fix it " and players just get to guard the opponent they ate closest to, and if possible switch if the opportunity arises. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2018, 12:15 

Hey coach, I'm currently using the system and I'm finding it hard to get the kids to rotate on the weakside help in the press. Any suggestions on how to get better at that?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 15:07 
Site Admin

Start with the ball in at three quarters court and stand in back of the press and coach those back guys to react to the ball. Just keep getting reps in until they get it!