All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 17:28 

I've developed a pretty stubborn case of shin splints. At first, I was also stubborn and played through the pain. This was a mistake as I now am sidelined for a week or so after any game I play.

So, my question to everyone:

What are some different ways that I can continue to improve my game that is light on the legs?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 19:45 

From shooting against a wall.... stationary dribbling ... maybe do some strength training?

You really have to stop putting a strain on your legs if you want them to heal so you can play.... good luck, I hope they heal quickly.... no one wants to sit.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 20:17 

I am avidly shooting the ball as well as strength training. I have even taken up swimming to maintain my endurance levels.

The thing is I'm really focused right now on becoming more adept in footwork. I know that doing activities that improve this skill will further damage my injury. I'm curious to know if there are any mental ways that I can work on this while I heal.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 08:23 

You are doing some good things... but the one thing you cant do is put stress on your legs. Do you have a trainer at your school? If not, maybe go to a doctor and ask him what you should and should not be doing..... maybe a doctor that specializes in sports injuries?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 08:27 

Hmm. Okay then off the the doc it is. Can't be too careful

Thanks Coach Sar

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 08:44 

Thats good Buddy, were not doctors so we / I wouldn't want to give you any bad advice.

Good luck, I hope he can help you.