All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 26 May 2011, 13:54 

First step, pick your own ball.... then make sure you are ready when you hit the floor, thats your responsibilty. Those are good goals to start with... I would want you to shooter better than 40% inside the arc.... from the 3.... 35% and up....

If you find you are having problems shooting on a particular day... shoot some free throws... you can check your form out that way. Missing left sounds like a follow through problem... hard to tell since I cant see the shot.

I have stuff on Coaches Clipboard and this site also.... these are two GREAT sites.

Coach Sar

PostPosted: 26 May 2011, 14:02 

Ye, I failed on that first step. I'll start using the shooting chart next week then, to see the progress.
I'll try to film my shoots next week.

Will let you know how it went on Saturday.

,Chelton

PostPosted: 26 May 2011, 14:03 

Good luck and have some fun....

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 11:33 

The coach didn't came --'. So we just played. But on the end I stayed some time and took 10 shoots, made 4 (40%)
I'm planing to buy a hoop, so I can practice the shoots daily. How high would I have to put it ? 3m ?

,Chelton

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:23 

Do a little searching out there... this is what I found -

"When mounting the backboard and the basketball hoop you'll want to make sure that you are 10-feet off the ground measured from the court surface to the center of the hoop."

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:26 

If you want to be a shooter, you will have to start measuring the number of shots in the 100s or you wont see much of an improvement.

My better shooters shot 1,000 free throws a day along with their other shooting workouts. (during the summer) While you don't necessarily need to shoot a thousand...... you better be shooting a long time... several hundreds.

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:33 

Thanks for the input!

On my shooting workout I'll aim to do at least 200 shoots (10reps of 20 different types). That's why I'm planning to buy a hoop, it will be easier to shoot that much as I'll be at home.

,Chelton

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:44 

Find a shooting partner... its more fun and it will go faster... you will push each other, be more competitive. Good luck

PostPosted: 28 May 2011, 12:46 

Thats a really good idea !
Thanks Coach.

,Chelton