All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2011, 20:24 

I was just wondering if u could maybe help me with this im 11 and i pull my quads and hammys alot

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 14:40 

Please reply

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 14:43 

Will,

You are pretty young to be pulling quads and hamstrings a lot. Since I'm not a doctor or certified trainer here is my suggestion. Go to a Sports medicine doctor and let him take a look at you. Find out why this is happening.
Do you have an older brother or sister at the high school that could take you in to see their trainer? Or if you know someone that is at the high school level that could introduce you to the trainer there.

You might have your mom or dad make a call over to the high school and see if they can get you in to see the trainer.... but definately, make sure you see a doctor or trainer to find out what's causing this.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 14:47 

While flexibility might play a role. pulled muscles are usually a result of a muscle imbalance. At 11, pulled muscles are rare and might indicate one of 2 things. Either you don't understand what a pulled muscle really is or you have other, deeper physical issues.

If this is truly a problem, I think you should consult a doctor who has lots of experience evaluating children. I would not ask coaches or trainers.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 14:50 

Thank you and i have a few questions on finishing at the basket

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 17:07 

please reply

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 19:44 

What are your questions?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 20:11 

Like im a 4-11 90 pound pg and im very fast and good ball handler and shoot very well but when i get to the hoop against the tall strong centers i cant finish very well.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 20:13 

Our team went 28-3 this year

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 20:22 

Unless you're like D Rose and have a 40 inch vertical....

You're pretty good size for an 11 year old.... and with the success your team had this year.... my suggestion would be to play to your strengths and don't worry too much about taking it to the big guys. That will come soon enough.

I had several small point guards on my teams and they pretty much tell me ( I still talk to some from time to time ) and they told me that they tried to stay out of trouble vs the bigger guys unless they saw a seam they could split.

Do you play against m2m teams or more zones?