All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 08:14 

I understand where your both coming from but maybe it's too late to achieve those certain marks now as my final exams are less than a month away and they count about 80% to your avg mark .

I def should have addressed this issue earlier and before i started my senior year because i never had good study habits all through my schooling years .

I'm going to try and build it up bit by bit now and increase my studying daily so when i do play at a Juco i'll have a good routine which will allow me to achieve the best possible marks that i can.

Whats the point of the Sat's though coach if your Gpa is not up to standard? and also with the goal setting it's more of a priority thing right? E.g 1. Faith 2. Family 3. Academics 4. Basketball

Basketball Goals . 1. Earn a scholarship . 2. Play Professinally 3. Nba

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 10:15 

It seems like you have your ducks in a row... but ACADEMICS are #1 when you are in school..... Its never too late to get started - IF I had would have done that I would still be behind a desk, bored and miserable LOL

You can make excuses if you like... but the bottom line is this..... GET AFTER YOUR STUDIES and do the VERY BEST you can the rest of the year. You can do this, I know you can - its all about priorities... so get after it. :-)

You are so lucky I don't live there LOL

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2010, 16:11 

If your sunshine wants far outstrip your cold morning desire, have a talk with yourself. Then have a lot more talks with yourself. Convince number one that you can succeed--and you will succeed. If you don't believe in you, why should anyone else?

~ Tom Hopkins

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2010, 07:29 

What happened? You get lost in academia? Check out this video... its pretty good.

http://www.212movie.com/

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010, 03:25 

Thanks for the video coach . It was great !

How you been? Long time no speak .

I leave to the U.s in 15 days and skill wise and mentally I'm ready for the challenge to play against the high schools but my decision making and my game play is just not as good as i want it to be .
I been shooting the ball really well in my workouts and I've taken my handles to another level .

So I'm scared I'm going to go the U.s and play really poorly during the games and I've only got 15 days to get better during games . Right now my skill level is at a good D-2 level but I'm still struggling to make the right plays in games and i still feel like a different player .

My question is how can i prepare best for the U.S in the next 15 days? Should i try and play in as many games and scrimmages as i can, What are your thoughts coach?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010, 07:16 

I'm doing ok thanks... how are you doing?

Where in the US are you going to? It seems like you are having a little problem with self confidece... just go out and play your game - don't worry, kids/players are players all over the world. Some are more intense but I am sure that you have some very intense players there too.

Don't worry about making mistakes, every player makes them including the PROS ..... all YOU can do is play to the best of your ability. You have been working on your game for a long time, trust in your instincts. Someone told me that D2 players are shorter versions of D1 players.... to some extent this is true... I think that quickness has a lot to do with that difference.

Think about your skills - is there anything that YOU think needs some work on? IF there is, go out and practice it.... and yes, go out and play so you can put your skills to use.

NOW, forget about D1 - D2 or whatever... just go out and play hard, have some fun. Good luck and let us know how things are going.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010, 07:58 

Alright coach thanks . That tthe same advice everyone has been giving me is to stop putting pressure on myself to perform every game and just go out and play . I'm going to be in Texas for the majority of the time and L.a for 5 or so days

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010, 08:55 

That should be a good experience for you... I agree too.... you don't need to put pressure on yourself... I know that you are a competitor..... and that you will do the best you can. Thats all anyone can ask......

Come over here and play SHUT DOWN DEFENSE... that will get you a lot of attention... doing that will make it easier for you on the offensive end of the floor.

I had one kid that it worked the other way... his D was terrible UNLESS he had a good game offensively.. figure that one out.

And above all, come over here and enjoy the experience.... basketball is like life... its a journey NOT a destination. Find a computer over there and let us know how its going.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010, 22:03 

sure thing coach will do .... where abouts in the U.S are you ?

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2010, 22:28 

I'm in the Midwest - Illinois

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next