All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2018, 13:28 

Hey, I am an engineering student and am working on a project at my high school, My project is to create a patent for an idea of an invention and I was wondering if I can ask you a few quick questions about basketball jumpshots response. It would be very helpful toward my project.
> 1. The great shooters such as Steph Curry, Ray Allen and Larry Bird all have different jumpshots, despite them all producing the same result. Would you say there is a perfect jumpshot?
> 2. What would you say there is a #1 error in a players jumpshot?
> 3. Is there any tips you could give on improving a jumpshot?

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2018, 15:29 

jmst wrote:
> 1. The great shooters such as Steph Curry, Ray Allen and Larry Bird all have different jumpshots, despite them all producing the same result. Would you say there is a perfect jumpshot?
The great shooters all execute the proper fundamentals. If the proper fundamentals are executed each time, that allows room for a player's individual nuance/finesse on a shot. Not sure I would pick one shooter and say their shot is the perfect jump shot.

jmst wrote:
> 2. What would you say there is a #1 error in a players jumpshot?
Not bending the knees and using enough leg in the shot.

jmst wrote:
> 3. Is there any tips you could give on improving a jumpshot?
Be consistent with your shot fundamentals every time, bend those knees and hold your follow thru.