All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 23:56 

Its been some time since I posted on this website, I do this now to give a heads up to Coach Rob, Jeff and Joe. Last year, I lamented that I had only one day to prepare for a middle school tournament in the city I;m living in here in China. My team went O-10 and I vowed that would never happen again. I took advice from the above mentioned coaches as I had little experience with youth teams. Previously,I had only coached from High school to College to Pro and discovered quickly that coaching youth, was no easy task.
this season, I was prepared and began developing a program geared to all the youth in the school. With suggestions and advice from this forum, the results were beyond my expectations. Our team went undefeated(10-0) and had only 53 points scored on us in all ten games. Now with that said, although we did very well, the talk of cheating popped up. I was accused of recruiting players, forcing players to play only basketball and doing my program all year round. The first two accusations are totally without merit however, the last one is true. But, there is no rule to support that you cannot coach as much as the kids wanted to learn....until now....it was recently implemented I call it the "Coach Mac Rule". when we went 0-10 there was a lot of sympathy and commiserations but now that the results are reversed, I am accused of cheating, T.I.C (this is China) again, Coach Rob, Jeff and Joe...thanks for all your help. Coach Mac

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2016, 16:20 

Coach Mac -

Always good to see a post from you. I remember you were a bit stressed out about those youngsters, but it seems things turned around quite a bit. Funny how that winning thing can catch people's attention. Glad things worked out. Hope you're having a good summer!

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2016, 18:28 

Coach: You are correct, winning, here in China, is god for the soul, good for the kids, but not good for opposing coaches. However, they had better get used to it because the head master of this school is very happy nd wants me back. But I have proved my point....enough said...thanks again Coach R. Coach Mac