All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 12:33 

Hi, I am a young teen who's looking seeking advice on how to master the fundamentals of basketball, I would also like to ask how to improve my mentality during a basketball game

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 00:41 

My young Teen aged friend: There is no magic formulae to learning the fundamentals of basketball, except long hours, repetition and hard work. Further, you must find someone who can show or teach you the correct mechanics of the fundamental you are trying to master. There are tons of fundamental tapes on U-tube and more on this website. Do you want to master some fundamentals so you can play backyard basketball or do you have more loftier goals for your future. If you' re thinking of playing Varsity in High school with the hope of continuing to play at a higher education institution, then the task becomes much more intense. Remember, there is NO substitute for hard work, When I was coaching college, I would tell my players, who had aspirations of going pro, "out there somewhere, no matter how late it is, no matter how hot or wet it is, there is someone practicing, working to become great" are you willing to make that sacrifice. Good Luck Coach Mac