All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2015, 19:32 

I am a researcher at the University of Connecticut, and I am writing to invite you to complete a brief survey regarding your gratitude for your basketball experiences and your appraisal of your basketball abilities.

The Basketball Appraisal and Gratitude Inventory is a one-time, anonymous, UCONN-approved survey that will take approximately 5-10 minutes of your time. To access the survey and additional information about this study, please click the following link:

Basketball Appraisal and Gratitude Inventory

I have been coaching high school and youth basketball for the last 15 years. Throughout my coaching career, I've learned so much from and felt so supported by many coaches and players, including many on this site. I am now working on my Ph.D. in Educational Psychology at UCONN, and I am researching the role of gratitude in enhancing self-efficacy, performance, and persistence in basketball.

Thank you in advance for your time and participation in this important research!

Best,
Dave Alexandro

PS: I have also posted this request for coaches. I am not trolling--simply trying to measure the basketball gratitude of a wide sample of basketball enthusiasts!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2015, 15:20 
Site Admin

Gratitude... first thing when you wake up in the morning. Last thing you do before you go to bed. And whenever you can remember in between.

It's also one of the first things we talk about at our Breakthrough camps.

Let me know what you find.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2015, 23:15 

Thanks, Coach!

I hope to collect another 50-100 survey responses before closing the survey and analyzing results later this month.

For those who have not yet taken the 5-10 minute survey, please click the following link:

Basketball Appraisal and Gratitude Inventory

[NOTE: Unfortunately, the smartphone view is not ideal, so I would recommend viewing the survey on a tablet, laptop, or computer monitor.]

I will certainly share my findings once the analysis is done!

Best,
Dave

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2015, 21:49 

Thanks to those who filled out the survey! I have closed the survey and will be running factor analysis on the data.

I appreciate your support!