All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2014, 20:34 

Hi

I've been playing basketball for ages and the before I play basketball physically and intimidating, but after I went for a vacation overseas and came back My basketball game changed negatively. I'm so soft I get scared receiving and giving contacts I can't show my full potential and can't make enough numbers while playing anymore. I lose 5kg and I quite lift weights, but still I don't know the problem.

Pleas help me,

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 18:19 

If I went overseas on vacation for 6 months, ate a lot of good food and went to the beach everyday, my game would suffer too! Maybe it's a mental or physiological thing? Sometimes when folks take a break from a sport, it takes a little bit to get back on track.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 18:26 

Hi -

How old are you? How long have you played the game and how long have you been away from the game? You are probably going to have to to do some training to get back in shape.... be patient.... it might take awhile.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2014, 02:30 

I just turned 16 last Decemeber, I was away for 4 weeks but played Basketball still when I was on vacation. Then when I came back, I don't feel the same as how I play before.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2014, 06:03 

Ok -

This sholuldn't take too long to get back into your old playing shape

rj.tyndale wrote:
I just turned 16 last Decemeber, I was away for 4 weeks but played Basketball still when I was on vacation. Then when I came back, I don't feel the same as how I play before.

Find a camp that you can go to to work on your skills and find some parks / gyms where you can play with your friends or whoever to work on your game. I used to drive around to differnt parks looking for games just to have some fun and that helped me get better.

I think thats how I got interested in coaching, playing with younger guys. I set up one kid at least 10 times and he passed up every shot. Finally I said to him, "Why aren't you shooting?" He said I don't what to miss and have you get mad at me." I laughed..... " Told him to shoot the ball, thats why I'm passing it to you. "