All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 09 May 2014, 08:04 

Hey breakthrough basketball, during my AAU games, I get minimum to decent minutes. The problem is I have so much trouble getting into rhythm when I come in. I come in the game and I feel a little doubtful because I am not starting. I feel like if I started, I could get more comfortable on the floor and play to my potential. How do I get right into the game and playing intensely as if I have been in the game for a while. If I start taking shots right away, coach will think I am playing for myself.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: 09 May 2014, 08:53 

Its a tough gig coming off the bench, but there are guys in the NBA that are making a living out of doing that.... here are the top 5

The NBA announced Thursday that Clippers guard Jamal Crawford has won Sixth Man of the Year for 2014. Here are the vote totals (first-place votes in parenthesis):

Jamal Crawford: 421 (57)
Taj Gibson: 395 (49)
Manu Ginobili: 138 (9)
Markieff Morris: 85 (4)
Reggie Jackson: 49 (1)

Not sure about feeling doubtful..... but my advice to you would be, play tough D for awhile and wait for your shots to come to you... help set up your teammates and that should make them happy. There are a lot of coaches that do not want their players that come right off the bench and take a shot... you kind of have to feel your coach out as to what he wants from you. You can come right out and ask him if you are not sure.

Play to your strengths, relax a little bit and remember, nobody expects you to score 20 points a game Play some shut dpwm defense, rebound, all loose balls are yours... forget the 50-50 ball stuff lol ... maybe take a charge if you can.

Good luck.