All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 10:37 

Hi,
I have been trained as a point guard and have always played that postion( I'm 6'3'' ). But in my new college team, the rest of the players are shorter than me.. So, should I switch positions or continue playing as a point guard?

Regards,
-Ali-

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 11:18 

Ali -

Interesting. Instead of switching positions, you might have to switch colleges. ; ) I'm joking, of course. I think what position you play will be up to your coach, but if you're the tallest player on the team, I'm betting you'll be playing in a big man role once in a while.

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 12:33 

I considered the 'switching college' option :D ... But, you know, basketball is not that popular in our parts so we have to content with what we have... Even our National Team has a number of players of my height playing other positions... So I guess, ''What cann't be cured has to be endured''..

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 13:30 

I'm betting you'll play where it will best suit the team, that might be a game to game decision by the coach. Having a big guy that can handle the ball is a big plus.

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 13:35 

Thanks for the guidance...!!

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 17:41 

If your strength is at the PG position, why change?? UNLESS of course the coach wants you to. Maybe he has some ideas how to use your strengths. There were times I had some SHORT PGs who could shoot... believe me, I found a way to get them shots.

He can always post you up if that works for you and the team. Why don't you ask the coach what his plans are and how you should start preparing??

Like Rob said.... nice to have a big man who can handle the ball, hopefully shoot it well too.

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 11:14 

Yeah, I guess its upto the coach...
Thanks..