All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2013, 12:08 

Hi,
I live in England. I'm currently 16 what can I do to get drafted high when I'm 18/19 without playing in the US. Daunte Exum may turn out to be an example of this. What level would I have to be playing at and performing well of course by the time i enter the nba draft.
Thanks

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2013, 12:57 

Adam....

Not very many players are drafted at that age.... Usually they have to spend at least a year or two in college. Think of LeBron James, Kevin Garnett and players of that caliber if you want a comparison. Those are the type of players that get drafted right out of high school. Jmo

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2013, 14:33 

adam131296 wrote:
What level would I have to be playing at and performing well of course by the time i enter the nba draft.
To be a phenom and bypass college going straight to the NBA draft, you would need to get noticed through your high school or club ball first. Those teams would need to be winning at national level most likely.

Dante Exum's team made it to the semi's in the FIBA 19 and under world championships and he also played in the world championships in the under 17. You get noticed when that happens.

Check out the article here below, it chronicles some of the reasons he was noticed (e.g., world championship participation, NBA coach connections, etc.):
http://www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=302&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=3128&cHash=1427f76229