All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2013, 20:27 

I see Chris Paul do this all the time and it is a efficient high percentage shot. I'm just starting to get into this habit but I'm trying to get their and not dribble to much. Probably two dribbles or less but if I take those two dribbles and then stop ill be a sitting duck. Any help and solutions would help, just trying to be more efficient on the offensive end. Thanks!

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 09:06 

You can come to a jump stop, take a jumper, dish it to a post player or kick it out to a wing shooter.... OR you can try to shoot a floater which seems to be getting ore popular all the time.... and you can always take it all the way to the basket.

Is this what you were looking for?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 09:10 

It's just really hard for me to read the situation because I like to pass a lot.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 09:12 

Most of that comes with playing the game and in practice.... don't be afraid to take a shot IF you are open... but I bet the guys you play with like you a lot since you love to pass the ball. Be patient with yourself.... its all trial and error. What level do you play at?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 09:21 

I don't play right now. But I will soon. But mostly I like coaching then playing but that paint area shot is such a high percentage shot I just wanna know how to be more effective in there so I can pass it on to other point guards.