All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 09:33 

In my school and grade I'm one of the top basketball player, but I never do the way i expect. 2 nights ago I had my best game ever but it was a scrimmage I had 14 points 5 rebounds and 1 block. However, I'm not a consistent player. There's some game where I'll play good defense or shoot the lights out, and the next I miss every shot. Both AAU teams I played for I never played very much. I'm a 5 foot 9 inch guard going into 9th grade. I'd like to average 20+ points 10+ rebounds 5+ assists 1+ blocks and 2+ steals and no I dont want this for the wrong reasons. I really want to play D1 college ball and someday either overseas or the NBA. I only play because I love basketball, I am either reading about basketball or training or playing all the time. Does anyone have good tips,tricks,skills,workouts, training programs, etc to help me out? No I dont want it all done for me im willing to work extremely hard for my goal. I just need some guidelines to train to be the player i want to be.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 15:44 

Josh -

The last two posts on this page --
http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/drills/Ray-Allen-Shooting-Drill.html

This should tell you all the things you need to work on... IF you look on the left side of this page, where it says Basketball Drills and Player Development you should find all the drills necessary to work on your game.

Are there any camps where you are at? How abou a personal trainer.?.. or maybe develop a relationship wiith one of the coaches at the school you are going to? Did you go to one of the summer camps at the school? All of these can help you.