All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 09:46 

Hey everybody! I just thought of this while I was shooting! I noticed when I shoot alone and have to rebound for myself that often find myself standing around and walking to get the rebound. To fix that I started going hard for my own rebound. When I was doing that I noticed that I would run straight at the hoop for the rebound. I thought to myself "If I run straight at the hoop I am basically practicing running into a defender ready to check me out." From then on, after my shot I would slide to the left then go get the rebound. Therefore I was practicing avoiding the defender looking to check me out while practicing my jump shot on my own.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 18:53 

Pretty smart.... think about where the rebounds are going - typically, long shots / long rebounds. IF someone does block you out you can always spin off of them. Not sure I would suggest that while you are practicing your shooting though.... but for where the rebounds go.... think about what I sais.

I think that Dennis Rodman knew where the ball was going thats why he was so good......