All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 02:26 

Hi Ken
Thank you for the help my confidence has definitely improved. I am starting to sink a lot more jumpers because i have stopped thinking about it and have just shot. I have heaps of time on my hands so a lot of practice for me. As you said i will start from 7-8 ft and step out when im confident my jumper is fluent.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 14:11 

Hi Peter -

I am glad that things are getting better. ( You can bet that MJ never thought about his shooting - makes or misses )

I'm glad that you have a lot of time to work on your game and shooting..... 14 year olds are supposed to have a lot of time on their hands.

Ok, here is the next step to becoming a good shooter... - Once you get warmed up, spent some time of your FORM, and take some short range shots.... start practicing at game speed. Once they throw the ball up, its not like a game of HORSE. lol

How are things going at school? When does your season start? And Tryouts?? What are your goals for the year?
I think you said you are 5'7 or 5'8? If that is the case, you should try to make sure you have an all around game, INSIDE and OUT. Make yourself hard to guard, meaning, Is he going to shoot the 3 ball, take it to the basket, or drive and pull up jumpers???

Go to school on the defense, what are they doing to you and your team.... what are the weaknesses in the defense and how can you attack it?? Just some ideas.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 02:35 

Hi Ken
Things are goin great at school my grades are really good. You know how i said i had a lot of time on my hands well all of it is slowly disappearing as my friends are asking me to do things everyday. Hows life in the USA?

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 02:36 

PS im about 5'11 now.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 11:30 

Hi Peter -

5'11" huh...... you are getting up there....You are passing me up already..... almost. I'm glad that things are going well and that your grades are really good. No one can take away your kowledge and thats what is going to take you somewhere in life.... if the pros turn you down. :-)

So, you are getting busier all the time now...... are you still working at your game? I hope so. Its good to do things with your buddies as long as it doesn't distract you from your goals. Are they players too? Speaking of your friends, how is Matt doing? Haven't heard from him in a long time.

Things are going well over here except for the political garbage going on... but in my little part of the world.... all is well.

How is your shot coming along? Are you practicing at game speed now (without the ear plugs lol ? Take care and stay out of trouble :-)

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 15:34 

Speaking of PS's -

I certainly can't call you "little man" anymore LOL

By the way, I found something for you.... something to keep you on track to accomplish your goals.

"Want to see your biggest opponent..Look in the mirror."

Don't let anything get in the way of something you really want. You can be anything you want to be if you are willing to put in the time and effort to get it..

I didn't play HS or college Bball, I didn't go to college until I was 32.... but I finally decided that I wanted this bad enough to do what I had to do. I knew when I was 21, it only took me 11 years to do it.....I didn't procrastinate much did I ??> LOL

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2013, 19:02 

Hi Ken
So sorry for not replying when i tried to post my last one it didn't work. I totally agree with you the that can hold u back from your dreams is yourself. I am in great form and playing great. I just found out that there is no basketball season at my school because we don't have a coach u should come here JK. Thank u so much for your help.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2013, 19:38 

Hi Peter -

Thats really sad that you don't have a coach there..... what the heck is that all about?? There must be somebody in the community that would be willing to take on the job or even volunteer.

Do you have an AAU team in your area or some other type of program where you can play ball? I hope that things work out for you.... don't let the disappointment ruin your school year.

By the way, you are welcome.... you seem like a good kid and I will be always willing to help you. I like to give back the game I loved to coach.... helping coahes and players alike. Take care and let me know how this goes.

I think that the travel time for me would be a little difficult to handle unless you would loan me your private jet. :-)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 11:48 

Hey Peter & Matt -

I hope that you guys found someplace to play... would hate to see you let your game go to the dogs... or is it DINGOS over there? LOL

Couple of links for both of you... check them out so you can see who the best player to ever play the game was.... hands down.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1795233-10-greatest-nba-players-of-all-time/page/11

http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/defense/defense-crossover-step.html

Hope everything is going well in school.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6