All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 03:25 

Matthews doing good he just got a new girlfriend he getting a lot better at B-ball ( i still beat him though.) I've been playing great lately because of your tips and my new found confidence in my GAME. Life's great and i'm havin FUN my educations great (i'm in the smartest class in my grade). How are u?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 05:56 

Matt;s got a new G/F huh........ there goes his game LOL No wonder he hasn't posted lately. As long as both of you keep your priorities straight, everything should be fine. Home/School/Ball & then the ladies, expecially at your age....

I am glad that I have been able to help you and your game... from talking to you it seems like the last thing you have a problem with is confidence and thats a GOOD THING. Carry that over to all parts of your life, believe in yourself.AND you are SMART too.... thats great, ACADEMICS is what will make you successful in life. Do you have any goals in life? What do you want to do after your schooling is over?

I always had some really smart kids on my team.... one year I had 9 accelerated kids.... scared me.... they were so smart.... one went to John Hopkins and graduated early, is now a doctor and is in charge of a major hospital;'s ER. He never got anything less than an A!

I'm doing ok, as you get to be my age, thisre is always something wroong LOL.... I think I told you that someone ran into my house.... how the heck does that happen? MY house try to take a charge? LOL That has beeb keeping me busy trying to get the repairs started, its been 30 days and they haven't fixed a brick

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 06:58 

Here is someone for you and Matt to emulate... D Rose...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_PrfYXi4Vw

This is all 1 on 1 or vs 1 on 2 but you will get the idea as to how to finish.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 02:31 

Sorry i haven't been able to talk to u 4 a while my life's been very busy lately. I see you've made a new friend (Josh) lol. My main dream is to make the nba but if that doesn't work it's great to have academics to fall back on. I've still got a long time to change my mind.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 02:40 

I can probably do most of those lay ups without defense, but with defense YIKES. Hope D Rose comes back the same player he was before the injury (RESPECT).

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 06:44 

Maybe Josh figured IF I would talk to you and Matt I would talk to anyone LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist that.
SARcasm, remember? :-) (and don't be throwing me under the bus)

Josh is like you and Matt..... a million questions... but thats ok..... you guys need to be spomges at your age. He is from your part of the world... do I have a magnet for Aussies / New Zelanders? LOL

I like your dream / GOAL of wanting to play in the NBA... you have good size for a 14 year old, so thats a good start. (along with a desire to get better) I also like the fact that you have a Pllan B.... academics... no one can take that away from you. I thought that maybe you were trying to take Matts GF away from him, thats why you are so busy.

Lets talk about your GOAL and how to achieve it. Your big goal is the NBA........ but there are a lot of steps along the way...... Make your school team this year... freshman, then JV and then the Varsity, working towards getting into a college that has good academics and a good Bball program..... and hopefully with a scholarship.

To accomplish these things, you have to be fundamentally sound.............. IF you work on Fundamentals, success will come, its a by product. IF you can make those moves without a D..... as you get older, bigger, stronger and faster.... oopps... thats what they say about D Rose. LOL Too BIG, Too STRONG, Too FAST!

I don;'t think I could make those moves without a ball. lol I hope he comes back 100% too..... I think some of his problem at the end of last year was confidence. The NBA ( NO babies allowed ) is a very physical game and he was concerend about injuring himself again? Could be.

Work hard on your academics - Big time programs love kids that they don't have to worry about in the classroom.... especially IF they have GAME. Take care, keep working at your game and enjoy the rest of the summer.... its summer over here.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 14:05 

Matt & Peter, watch the greatest player ever. He can do it all.

Do I even have to tell you who it is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7d9S-Kj_SU

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 03:01 

Thanks Ken i thought u would think that i'm crazy about thinking that a guy from New Zealand could make the NBA but if Steven Adams can i guess i have a chance to. The only reason i think LeBron's better is because he does everything he can score, assist, rebound, defend and play/guard every position. Mj can do that to but he doesn't make his teammates better. LeBron does and he gives them the confidence they need eg. NBA finals knockout games this year with shane battier and last year with mike miller who were on 3 point frenzies. The finals for jordan were all about him mostly because his teammates didn't show up. MJ's great but i prefer LeBron.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2013, 06:10 

Peter -

I'm glad the you have a DREAM / GOAL! I don't think you are crazy, from prior conversations I think you have your head on straight.... you DO WELL in school and that is so important. Regardless of where you end up, I think you will do well in life. One step at a time Peter..... High School..... then a good college and from here - who knows!
Work on your fundamentals and your game. I think that you and Matt were telling me that you were playing with older guys... thats great.... they will force you to play harder and get better!

As far as Lebron vs MJ...... you are entitled to your opinion, even IF you are WRONG LOL Sorry, couldn't resist that.
You needed to see MJ play, he never passed up a game winner / make or miss. And one thing for sure, you didn't see him miss FTs in crunch time.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

I think a lot of people felt the way you do about MJ.... but, until Phil Jackson came along and convinced him to be more of a team player, they didn't win championships.. but one thing for sure, he was never afraid to take the game winner.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 02:46 

Hi Ken
I've heard the MJ quote a million times but the way he admits that his mistakes made him better always inspires me. Yea we do play with older guys their actually from the Philippines where B-balls their national sport. Me and Matthew are definitely the best juniors and will be the stars of our squad. YES THE SEASON over here hasn't started yet but it will very soon i am frustrated that it hasn't but that's what happens when your born in NZ. Over here when people think of basketball they think SLAM dunk or 3 pointer and obviously don't care about anything else. Trust me we have been doing a inter-school comp and I've seen some lay ups which are rivaling for the WORST LAY UPS IN HISTORY.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next