All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2013, 18:39 

Hi Peter -

For a minute I thought you threw me under the bus! lol Glad to hear that Matt is doing well... Like I said, I think you have a great sense of humor.... and I bet Matt does too.... he has to if he is your friend. :-) From reading your posts I think you are a great kid AND Matt too even though he has gone South LOL Tell him its not my fault he is a
little guy. LOL

I think that when I was younger I really liked Dr. J and when MJ came to the Bulls.... WOW, what was not to like. D Rose is that kind of Chicago Player. I'm happy to hear that you are a humble kid... and unselfish on the floor. You are my kind of player.

When does school start there? You should be started already right? Don't be a stranger..... or I might have to run you a little bit. :-)

Here is a little info abouit D Rose

go to #2 of the videos... talk about breaking ankles. He has a killer CROSSOVER. Something Matt can work on too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1333419-the-10-best-crossover-moves-in-the-nba/page/10

For Derrick Rose, his crossover almost mirrors the point guard's style of play perfectly.

Quick. Violently explosive. Unstoppable. With a move that's so consistently effective. it's tough to not put him atop this list—especially considering its
fundamental soundness.

Though it will be interesting to see if his crossover will be as effective when he comes back from injury, there is no denying Rose currently has one of the most captivating moves in the NBA.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2013, 10:05 

Peter -

Let me ask you this.... what area do you need the most work in.... shooting - dribbling/ball handling - passing - defemse ??

You need a plan to make yourself a better player. Like, what should you start on first and what should you do??

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 03:02 

Hi ken
I would never throw you under the bus!!!:):)The thing i need to work on the most is still shooting.
I love the crossover it is the best and most effective to use Kyrie Irving is becoming the MASTER though. He shaked B KNIGHT so bad that he fell out of his shoes at the rookie game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBuIjU4nKVY
Over here the school year is half way through P.S sadly we don't play basketball all year over here.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AND IM SORRY IF YOU HAVE FELT PUT OFF.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 06:30 

Peter -----------

You should know me well enough by now, I was just kidding.... SARcasm remember? I already told you that I thought you were a good kid. You are very welcome too..... I will help you as long as you want it and need it..

Half way through the year... wow, that makes you happy I am sure. OK, so when does your season start??

Talk to me about your shot.... what do you think your problem is? I wish you could have sent the video, its a lot easier to evaluate what you are doing that way. One kid was having problems... coming up short on his shots..He sent a video... look above at SHOOTING ERROR.. his problem was putting the ball over his head... other than that... his form was pretty good. So, have your dad or Matt watch your shot and tell me what you are doing... or send the video.

Did you watch D Rose and his crossover... he is amazing... of course I am a homer LOL

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 06:36 

Peter -

Here is a 14 year old boy that has great form with the SWISH method. Look at HIS form and where the ball is at the top of his shot as he releases it. Gavin has great form and he's like on automatic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTxHGOQdEc&list=PLCE640F251A4CDE74&index=1
Of course the coach was working with him since he was 11.

Read more: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1248#ixzz2f3gd5aF3

By the way, Irving's crossover isn't too bad, his only problem is that he cant handle the ball... LOL OMG, great handles.
I felt sorry for the guy covering him....

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2013, 02:50 

Hi Ken
I think i know the problem with my shot i dont think my forms wrong its just that im not that confident at shooting the jumpshot. I always aim to attack the rim and rarely shoot jumpers. I also think i may rush my shot because i feel the defense is gonna close out on me really quickly.
PS For some reason i always shoot better when im listening to music from my headphones i guess its because i dont think about what im doing as much.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2013, 10:13 

Peter -

With all the talking we have been doing, I would have never guessed that you lacked confidence. SO, the FIRST thing you need to do is be confident about shooting the ball, no one is perfect..... but you have to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF that you are a GOOD SHOOTER.

Key - thake the shots the D gives you and IF you see them rushing out on you, head and ball fake, and crossover and go to the hole... or take a pull up jumper.... which you will need to practice... A LOT of REPITITIONS!!

ps REPLY - By the way, the last time I checked, they don't alow you to wear headphones in games LOL So, do yourself a favor.... take them off and work hard at your shooting... you can play some music if you want, just not that way. Make things more game like. :-)

Here is a video from Coach Rob that I like... this guy explains things well..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHjdVteO2A

Here is aniother 14 year old boy that has great form with the SWISH method.. Gavin has great form and he's like on automatic. This coach worked with him since he was 11 so he has that advantage. If we could have worked together that long you would shoot that well too. Great shooters get that way through a lot of repititions... so you don't have to worry about what you do, its all automatic. One thing I told my great shooters, IF you are having a bad time shooting, get yourself to the free throw line, that way you can check out your form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTxHGOQdEc&list=PLCE640F251A4CDE74&index=1

Did you watch the video of the one game I posted??

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2013, 14:11 

Peter -

What is your shooting % from the free throw line? What do you think your shooting % is from inside the arc? From 3 point land?

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 02:49 

Hi Ken
Sorry for taking a while i was at a youth camp and have only just reached a computer. I'm sorry i don't know my percentages but i know i'm a good free throw shooter (beta then HOWARD YAY) and live on attacking the rim but as i said i'm not a confident jump-shooter. Yes i watched a bit of the game it was really good thank you.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 04:31 

Hi Peter --

The only way that you are going to get more confident is to practice A LOT. Get a lot of repetitions and once the games start, stop worrying about missing shots. You have to believe in yourself. You CAN accomplish this by practicing.

How about starting in close, say 7-8 feet and working your way back as you get better I think thats what D Rose was doing with a personal trainer. IF your form is GOOD.... the rest should come easy IF you will believe in yourself.
What does Don Kelbick say about not missing shots? "IF you don't want to miss, DON'T SHOOT."

When you get a chance, start taking some stats regarding your shooting %s from different areas. That will give us a spot to start from.

Good luck and keep working on your shot. :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next