All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 19:07 

http://www.mdbball.com/Documents/ToughnessbyJayBilas.pdf

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 08:28 

Great article Rob -

I passed this on to a few coaches I know and the coaching group I belong to.
coachinghoops@yahoogroups.com

Some kids just think they are tough.... I hate all the yelling and chest pounding, play the XXXX game and shut up.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 11:53 

Imo, that's probably one of the best articles I've read about basketball in a long time. Seems to fit the middle school/high school age group.

We talked about it in practice last night and I gave each player a copy. Told them it would revolutionize their game if they read it over and over, an then applied something from the article in each practice or game.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2013, 12:46 

Rob -

[quote="Coach Rob"]We talked about it in practice last night and I gave each player a copy. Told them it would revolutionize their game if they read it over and over, an then applied something from the article in each practice or game.

Thats the key - applying some of these to the game... IF any of my kids ever did this stuff.... they found a seat on the bench. Had one kid dunk the ball, was running by our crowd waving his finger #1... as they ran a break for a layup... he came by me and all I had to do was give him the look my dad used to give to me.... he said... I get it Sar.... I replied... play like you've been there before.