All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 03:55 

Hi!

For some years I had a problem with my sweaty hands. When my hands get sweaty I can't neither dribble or shoot properly, it's like everything I've learnt just falls apart. I've tried to dry my hands with towels, headbands etc during games but it only works for a minute or two. I know that LeBron James have the same problem but he uses some kind baby powder which I have read can lead to cancer. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks for any answer!
Carel

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 06:36 

Carel -

Michael Jordon was the first one that I saw that used Talc --- here is an article about talc and cancer -

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/athome/talcum-powder-and-cancer

It does say that it comes from inhaling it. I didn't read anything about putting it on your hands. So, maybe as long as you don't throw it up in the air like MJ and Le Bron you might be ok. You might want to talk to your doctor about this just to make sure that you are getting the right information.

How about some wide wristbands, that way you can keep going to them througout the game ??