All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 13:16 

What I need to improve on the most is one on one and being under pressure. And then I need a little something of everything else, but mostly one on one.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 13:23 

It sounds like you need to work on your ball handling skills and being able to pass all under pressure.

You can work on ball handling skills by yourself... but for dealing with pressure, you need to play, find someone who is better than you and play against him.... or several players so the conditions are more game like.

Are there any camps where you live? You could get a lot of help by attending one.... how about the school you are going to? Do they have any camps or is it too late now?

A personal trainer is an option but that can be costly.. just a few options for you. Good luck.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 11:22 

I'm more of a defender than a ball handler.
I really need to improve on passing, outside shooting and ball handling. I need to be more comfortable when I'm actually playing a game because I get really nervous when I play for some reason. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 12:15 

You need to relax when you are playing... remember, this is a GAME, you're supposed to be having FUN. :-)

Every team needs a GREAT defender, YOU can be that... the rest of your game can feed off of your defense.

You can practice dribbling anywhere... even at home... but dont drive your parents nuts lol As for passing and shooting, that you will have to work on in practice... make that be your focus every time you take the floor.

Good luck

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 17:23 

Hello! I would like to also join in onto your question about an honest evaluation of skill sets if I may..
I am someone who has recently discovered a passion for the game. Problem is, I'm in college. And there aren't any sort of organizations that can help someone as old as I am other than the team here at school (which the goal is to get on that team to learn more and train more efficiently).

An honest evaluation of my skill set: My shooting in game is all around good. But, when I am practicing alone, it seems that all I can make are free throws. I understand dribbling and can do so well with both hands, including dribbling moves like in between my legs and behind my back. However, the ball often slips out of my hand when I begin to move around game speed for an extended time for a drill (around 20 seconds or so the ball becomes too "slippery").

I am also confined to a small space, seldom and randomly seeing an actual court.

Any suggestions?