All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 08:38 

Hey Coach , I'm aspiring to play division one college ball and hopefully with hard work move to the nba later on . I was reading all your credentials and seeing all the experience you've had at both levels is there any advice you can give me at trying to reach that level . thanks

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 06:58 

playing college basketball is definitely a special experience and to place yourself in that opportunity says a lot about your work ethic and dedication.

What a lot of young players don't realize is that they have to be really proactive in the recruiting process. Start early and promote yourself, here's a link to learn more about this: http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/the-recruiting-road-map---journey-towards-a-scholarship/8357172

Put yourself in a position where it will be difficult for college coaches to say no to you, there lifeblood for a successful program relies on talented players, so being a former college player my advice is be strong in your skill development, understand the game and have a high bball IQ and always show a positive attitude.

And here's a little secret - ALL COLLEGE COACHES LOVE PLAYERS WHO CAN REALLY SHOOT THE BALL FROM THE OUTSIDE! really focus on consistent shooting.

Any more questions, feel free to email me: dannym@innovativeathletes.com.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 20:19 

thanks coach . i'm going to play at a prep school in the usa this year so i can some more exposure .
and my jumper , im working on it im being patient and i'll just keep working

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2010, 06:02 

Shooting is all about comfort, confidence and repetition. It takes time to be a consistent shooter, but as you said remain patient, keep a positive attitude and stay with it.

Good luck,

Dan
www.innovativeathletes.com
dannym@innovativeathletes.com