All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 19:07 

....make you a better basketball player? that is in great shape and can do fundamentals and some advanced skills? does this lead to have a hope in playing in NBA?
i really would love to play in the NBA someday I dont know if i can

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 16:06 

The more strength you gain and can increase your cardio, it will definitely help your basketball game. Your self confidence increases along with the practical benefits of being able to muscle through and play more physical basketball when needed.

Regarding players making in it the NBA, the percentages are low when you consider all the high schools and universities all over the world. It just means a player has to work hard and want it more than the next guy.

I'm not sure there's a "typical path" to the NBA, however, a lot of players are recognized from doing well in high school and ending up in major universities. There are definitely players that either didn't do well in hs or college and still ended up in the NBA. Scottie Pippen was a walk on at the University of Central Arkansas which didn't even play in the NCAA.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2015, 19:21 

Thanks Coach Rob! I am willing to work hard in whatever it takes to try to get in!
Is it also true that its not about how much hours you spent, its hour much you work on the areas that needs to improve? And focus on basic stuff and a technical skill? for example, follow thru your shot every time. dont always fade away. keep aiming at the same spot on the basket every time....uh something like that? stay low on defense. use your butt to box out ... jump stop properly ...etc

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 15:21 

You are correct, it is very easy to spend hours practicing the wrong way and not achieve the best results. I watch kids all the time that think it's okay to miss shots or goof around when they practice. Always use your practices as if you were playing in a game. Be harder on yourself in practice than it is in a game.

“It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.”
– Paul “Bear” Bryant