All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 17:51 

A little waltz music would be good LOL Just have confidence in yourself - do the best you can! I think that you will do a good job, so God Bless you and have some fun out there......

I will look for your post on how you did tomorrow. :-)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 18:54 

okay, thanks again... well time to sleep

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 12:18 

Here are a few thoughts that I used to share with my players.

As for practices -

* While you want to work hard at every part of your game / every day....... Pick out 1 thing offensively and 1 thing defensively that you will make sure that you improve upon that .... kind of like your THOUGHT / GOAL for the day!

As for games -

The last thing you want to be saying to yourself after a game is " IF I would have only done this better or that better etc. - we would have won "

Play every game like it is for the CHAMPIONSHIP or its your LAST GAME of your playing career.

IF you do these things, you will never have to look back and question yourself.... regardless of the outcome.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 15:17 

tryouts today... about 13 boys, but thats excluding 5 football players who tryout nxt week... today was all hustle and defence and NO offence.

1st we ran suicides, i wasn't the quickest but about 4th for each one. Then layup lines, made them all. Then we gaot in group of 3 at each goal with 2 balls. 2 people shoot, then u follow ur shot, and then pass it to who ever dont have one. I shot mostly 3's, did pretty good. Then we did a break of 5 o5 for like 2 minutes. I shot once about 18 foot out and made it. I crossed over a varsity kid bc at the end we scrimmaged them for a few mins. to end things. Overal not hardly anyone shot, i say im in pretty good shape, tomorrow we run a set, 1 mile run (under 6:25 for me) then we should scrimmage a lot. Im pg and when we did 5 vs 5 for jv and varsity, the coach told me to play pg, out of all 13 ish people there he let me play first, which should be a good tart, imma go full out tomorrow and SPRINT the mile!!! and shoot some 3's if possible, well gtg

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 17:52 

After today's workout you should have some idea as to what you need to work on..... write it down so you don't forget.

It sounds like you made an impression on the coach.... play hard and keep up the good work.

Just remember that there is more to the game than the 3 ball.... be a good all around player.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 18:02 

Yeah, im pretty much money from mid range, the JV coach STRESSED about good D- # and hustle. He aint really concerned with offence, but he wants you to be a good alround player, i played great D but the kid i was gaurding didnt know how to play basketball, but my steal was from a pass to him, so it was the passers turnover, i cant wait till tomorrow, wasnt even nervious today :) but yeah wish me luck i HAVE to be the best out there tomorrow to seal this thing up, ill tell u about it, starts at 5, ends about 7

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2014, 18:07 

Good luck

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 14:59 

I made firsts cuts! we did mostly deffensive and offensive plays, but we didnt really "play" offence, just ran the plays, we continue on monday, 3 boys quit and another dont hustle good so that leaves about 10 boys left with about 4 or 5 football players, i think im in good shape to make this team, Now that the coaches has seen how i "play" i think im going to try and be a leader as a point gaurd, shoot a little more, make great passes, and cut hard!!! wish me luck

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 17:40 

Congrats on making the first cut..... step #1!! I

f you want to impress your coach..... its all about hustle now. Don't take any plays off, on either end of the floor. Every loose ball is yours, rebound and help on D!

Showing some leadership skills is an excellent idea.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 18:01 

Coach Sar is right, don't let up on the gas peddle now. Kick that sucker into high gear. Just like coaches will tell you in the game, finish strong. You've worked hard for this and have the right attitude.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next