All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014, 18:19 

i did pretty good, when doing shooting drills i couldnt make a jumpshot but i hit all my layups, went 7 for 10 in free throws. We scrimmaged more today but he wanted us to work on our offensive things, i had a steal but got foulded on the layup. overal i think i did good, he siad hes cutting about 3 or 4 tomorrow after practice, what are some minor things MENTALLY i should work on or like in my play. I dont think ill get cut but hey u never know

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014, 18:46 

HUSTLE!!! Work on the little things and execute everything he wants done.

Play toiugh D! Think about taking the shots that COME TO YOU.... don't force anything. As a point guard you need to run the team and make others better too.RELAX and have some fun out there.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014, 18:55 

We had one kid over 6' The rest were around 5'9is.... we played tough D and shot really well that game. That team was #8 in the state and we sure in the heck werernt rated LOL

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2014, 20:21 

haha what state?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 10:40 

Illinois

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 18:43 

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!
I MADE CUTS!!!!!!
ONLY ONE MORE!!!!!!!
I DID EXACTLY AS U SAID< I WAITED ON GOOD SHOTS< MADE THEM< HAD EXCELENT PASES, MAN WE WERE ALL PUMPED UP!!!!!!!
ONLY ONE MORE TO MAKE AND BOY AM I CONFIDENT!!! ALL MY WORK IS COMMING TOGETHER IN HARMONY!!!
hahaha i know im overreacting but im SOOOO EXCITED!!!!! it made my year, and making the team will top that!
I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

(btw im in north carolina, stanfield)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 18:50 

robert.s64 wrote:
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!
I MADE CUTS!!!!!!
ONLY ONE MORE!!!!!!!
I DID EXACTLY AS U SAID< I WAITED ON GOOD SHOTS< MADE THEM< HAD EXCELENT PASES, MAN WE WERE ALL PUMPED UP!!!!!!!
ONLY ONE MORE TO MAKE AND BOY AM I CONFIDENT!!! ALL MY WORK IS COMMING TOGETHER IN HARMONY!!!
hahaha i know im overreacting but im SOOOO EXCITED!!!!! it made my year, and making the team will top that!
I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

You excited, I can hardly tell LOL Now, remember how you played and the things you did to make yourself look good and BUILD ON THAT! Remember, every day you improve on 1 or 2 things.

Good luck

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 19:51 

Yeah i got the ball to the open guy better and did A LOT of fakes with and without the ball, the coach was honestly excited too! but hey i cant take all of the creds... if my guys hadn't of hustled, boxed out, or gotten open, it would've been different, us 5 played in perfect harmony, we could be the starting 5... i hope so LOL!!! (i was the only freshman on that team too!!!!!!) I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH!!!

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 08:00 

Continue to be a leader ....... by example more than talking! Keep everyone excited and involved abd they will work harder. Everyone has to be on the same page.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 15:16 

oh yeah we talked a lot that day, maybe a little to often, but in that scrimmage we were all yell our heads off, tryouts continue tomorrow! imma go outside and shoot a little while

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next