All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 18:26 

Keep up the good work and stay on top of your academics.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 19:41 

Didnt get to play earlier, but had an hr for lunch and bout 10 minutes before school ended, better than nothing, and right now im making all A's, lowest grade=96%... if i make lower than an A i can't play ball (MY DADS RULES!!!)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 13:05 

Your dad is tough BUT he knows what is more importantant!

Point guards tips -

Here are a few tips regarding point guards.....

1- Be a coach on the floor ( run the team the way your coach wants it run )
that means being able to tell every player where they belong and what they should be doing
2- First and foremost, its up to you to get the offense running correctly
3- Get the ball to the person with the hot hand

4- Be able to handle the ball with both hands with little or NO turnovers
5- Be able to find the open man on the floor
6- Play GREAT Defense

7- Have ice water in your veins from the free throw line.... remember, you will have the ball in your hands a lot, especially late in games
8- Be able to take the ball to the basket and score, dump it to a post player or kick it out to a wing shooter.. AND a pull up jumper

9- Last but not least be able to hit the 3 ball

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 16:20 

haha reading that and i realize i do do that, i have some turnovers every now and then, but its no more than a few, but i do tell people to like cutt to the basket, things like that, i make good passes, and can hit the 3/mid range, along with driving, yesterday in tryouts i had 2 3's, a couple of great assists, a steal, and i drove once and tanner, about a 6 ft tall white guy, played center and as he jumped, it was more like a teardrop, but off the backboard, but a bunch of varsity players said nice passes to me afterwords, bc they watch us. Today its from 6:30-8:00, wish me luck, tuesday we have a scrimmage in charlotte, called charrlote Latin (look it up!) wish me luck!!!

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 05:56 

I wrote those areas so you know that those are things you need to improve on. IF you stay as you are there will be someone who will work harder to pass you up.

Good luck

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2014, 08:07 

The coaches surprised everyone by making another cut yesterday... I MADE IT!!!! dang with all the talent out there sometimes im really surprised, yesterday in the short scrimmage, i had one jump shot, a couple of assist, and on 2 passes, they were a little bit low so i guess a few turnovers, but they were great looks. ANYWAY IM SO PUMPED RIGHT NOW< SINCE I MADE CUTS I ONLY HAVE TO GO THRU ONE MORE TO MAKE THE TEAM, AND ALSO TODAY WE HAVE A SCRIMMAGE IN CHARRLOTE, AND IM PRETTY SURe ILL GET GOOD PLAYING TIME AND ALSO TODAY I HAVE TO PLAY MY BEST GAME OF BASKETBALL EVER< ITS DO OR DIE TIME

(what are some simple things i can do to get in the right mind set, instead of like nervious or ancious?)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2014, 08:31 

"Oh, everyone makes mistakes. Oh, yes they do. Your sister and your brother and your dad and mother too. Big people, small people, matter of fact, all people! Everyone makes mistakes, so why can't you?"

-- Big Bird

Heck, even I made a few! LOL

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2014, 21:01 

we played pretty well in our scrimmage tuesday but more importantly..........................................................................................
I MADE THE TRAM!!!!
COACH SAID RIGHT NOW IM BACKUP, BUT ME AND THE STARTER WILL HAVE CLOSE TO EQUAL MINUTES, BUT NXT YEAR ILL BE STARTER AND WE ARE BOTH IN SAME GRADE SO NEXT YRS THEYLL MOVE HIM UP AS BACKUP VARSITY, ME STARTER JV, THEN THE NXT 2 YRS WE'll "FIGHT" FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2014, 06:49 

Congratulations on making the team. NOW its time to go to work and improve your game.

Here are the tips I sent you a week ago ,,,, Look them over carefully and work on one or two every day.

oint guards tips -

Here are a few tips regarding point guards.....

1- Be a coach on the floor ( run the team the way your coach wants it run )
that means being able to tell every player where they belong and what they should be doing
2- First and foremost, its up to you to get the offense running correctly
3- Get the ball to the person with the hot hand

4- Be able to handle the ball with both hands with little or NO turnovers
5- Be able to find the open man on the floor
6- Play GREAT Defense

7- Have ice water in your veins from the free throw line.... remember, you will have the ball in your hands a lot, especially late in games
8- Be able to take the ball to the basket and score, dump it to a post player or kick it out to a wing shooter.. AND a pull up jumper

9- Last but not least be able to hit the 3 ball

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2014, 20:08 

Thanks, ive been working on it all. varsity won their first game today, OUR JV first game is tuesday. Its home so i LOVE THAT!!!!
Like you said, i will usually have the ball late in games, so is that the time to, if im hot, take charge and score more than usual? Once again thanks for everything, weve had 2 scrimmages and i never scored but i had a lot of assists, but i WILL score in our regular games. HAHA hey random question do u know any PREGAME pump up song? (cursing doesnt really matter) just wondering bc songs help me a lot!!!!
THANKS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8