All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 06:21 

I want to improve my shooting accuracy but sadly, there isn't a nearby court here. What I do have access to is a wall and a ball. What can I do with those?

Thanks coaches :D

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 06:27 

Tough order here! The thing you can do is to work on your form..... I had serveral of my players do that when their form was giving them problems. If I were you, I would start wiht ONE hand shooting against the wall and add the guide hand later. You can shoot 100s of these but I would think that somewere along the line you are going to have to find a basket to shoot at to see how your shot is progressing.

How far is your nearest basket?

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 06:38 

The nearest court that wouldn't be too expensive is 1 hour from my house and that is disregarding the traffic.

I read something about having a spot on the wall then you shoot and your shoot must hit that specific spot. Would that work out well?

Thanks for the quick response :)

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 09:39 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZJDSBaOwY

Little Basketball Basics in Michigan: 82,000 hits for a reason. Best shooting drills out there.

www.MyBasketballBasics.com

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 15:45 

You could pick out one or two days to work on at the court and use the other days for shooting against the walls... I hope that will help.

Those are all good drills Jim - thanks for waking up my mind... I did some of these at my summer camps... not exactly like that .. but with the same idea in mind.

We started out by pairing up and shooting straight out to work on form a little bit
Then we went to shooting it higher towards our partner

Here is another thought that we used to help with FORM... Telephone Booth shooting... lay on the floor and try to shoot out of the top of the booth with the ball coming directly back to you.... hope I explained that well enough....

But I think you still need to do some work at a basket. JMO