All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 08:31 

Hi btb! :) Your site is amazing! I tell my friends about it a lot :) Well, i was wondering...at home, I have a 9 1/2 foot hoop, and I practice shooting on it a lot. Will this affect my shooting on a 10 foot hoop? Also, do you know which size high school uses for the hoops? Thanks! :D Also, how can I get better at shooting? Any programs you guys sell?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 14:46 

shooting at a shorter hoop can definitely impact your shot, but if you keep your form consistent all that should change is your lift and the lift can be adjusted as you move from 9 to 10 feet but it will take more time to adjust appropriately
i usually always advise that you shoot at a 10 foot hoop.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2011, 09:27 

Always shoot with a 10 ft rim. If you continue shooting at 9 1/2' it will certainly affect your accuracy when you shoot at regulation 10 feet.

How can you get better at shooting?

You just have to put the time in on the blacktop. You need shooting reps! It's summer time, you should be shooting 100's of shots per day. One handed form shooting, stationary shots, shots off the dribble, shots off the pass.
400 to 600 shots a day is actually not out of the question, it only takes 20 minutes to shoot 100 shots with a rebounder.

Now go...get out there!!

Coach A

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2011, 11:01 

Great advice Coach A -

My best shooters shot 1,000 free throws a day.......