PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 14:41 
Site Admin

Fixed link..
http://www.komonews.com/home/video/111892554.html

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 14:44 

Hard to get anything past you Jeff :-)

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2011, 23:26 

Coach sar

Wish I could have seen the video u gave me but when I clicked on it I got a we are sorry no longer found! We are always looking for new drills to try! Not sure if what we are doing right now is good or even helps any but we not had the best of weather and I been working alot so we not been getting to gym like we was so everynight he sits in a small chair straight up and shots the ball to mr focusing on hand position and back spin and follow thru and also elbow alignment ! He like doing it til his arm feels like jello lol

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 08:04 

Try again Des - I just clicked it and it worked...... I would have him work on his ball handling skills - dribbling etc if you cant go outside or get into a gym..... a basement or family room... he can dribble laying down... let him make up his own drills.... quickness... jump rope etc...... IF you can watch this video, that kid is amazing....
Click the link on Jeff's post.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 08:55 

Nice video that kid is really amazing and has great work ethic !! Lots if nice ideas on drills in it ! I am gonna show blake this video coach sar so thanks! In addition to the chair drill he does a thing we found called dot drills which I read are suppose to help with foot speed and agility. I really love jumping rope an he does when able to get outside, inside we are so limited in space it's virtually impossible, I have mention jump rope to his head coach on occasion as a conditioning drill , like 5-7 min in practice but he has yet to go for that idea! Now we have in the past in our kitchen done stationary dribble drills such as right hand dribble , left hand , v dribble , figure 8 etc ! I will remind Blake that it be good idea that if he wants to work on those again ,you know throw the bait and let him decide ! Lol thanks again coach sar

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 09:06 

As for Blake, throw out the bait and then reel him in.... IF he sees this video.. I bet you wont have to say a word. :-) Tell him that I am going to be watching his progress LOL

As for the coach and Jumping Rope... have Blake bring one and do it BEFORE practice starts ... even a few minutes every day will help - maybe the rest of the kids will catch on.