All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 13:06 

I need help on my free throws. I read the tips but i keep shooting to the right of the rim. No matter how far i scoot over. Do you have any advice?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 13:16 

Try this link with video, pretty simple. Read the comments in the box as well. Thanks and good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrP-QfDko4Y

www.MyBasketballBasics.com

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010, 14:23 

Without seeing your shot.... and everything going to the right... I would say that it has to do with your follow thru... ( or at least partly that ) you shouldn't have to move one way or another ... just finish with your hand in the cookie jar and hold it there..... IF your hand is finishing to the right, thats where the ball is going to go.

If you look at those videos on the link... you will see that the good shooters are finishing and holding the follow thru.... Can you describe what you are doing with your shooting hand/arm?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2011, 16:49 

please suggest me some good books for throw practice.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 08:08 

Coach Sar is correct, it's gotta be your follow thru. Your shooting hand must be straying to the right after you release.
Also make sure the thumb of your non-shooting hand is not affecting your shot, this could make it go right and add a side-spin to your shot.
Have somebody video your foul shots. Video from the front, back and side as you shoot....at least 20 shots each. Then view the video and analyze your shot, focusing on your follow thru and where your shooting hand ends up.

Continue practicing!!

Coach A

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2011, 08:14 

You might post the video on here so we can take a look at it also......

Here is something that you can try, be close enough to the basket so its a little easier for you.... take one dribble, bring the ball up to shoot it with your shooting hand ONLY ... take the shot and hold the follow through..... THAT will make sure that your guide hand is NOT effecting your shot.... you can do this against a wall too. It's all about developing good form and then practicing.....

As for reading books about shooting... there is a ton of information on the net... but I think you would be better off looking at videos.

Jeff/Joe - IF I remember correctly didn't someone post a shooting video on the site.... a coach??