All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2010, 03:40 

Hey guys

I was just wondering , i am currently on my form shooting stage and what i wanted to know was how am i supposed to be a better shooter if during form shooting theres no jump shots. The farthest we go if raising up to your toes. I just dont wanna change my form when i start jump shooting after all that hard work.

whats your opinion ?

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2010, 06:09 

The first and most important part is to have GOOD FORM. It's all about muscle memory. You will find that the farther you move away from the basket the more you will have to use your legs. You should start taking jump shots as you get past 5 feet or so. Short shots that you can make and still have good form. Work your way out to the free throw line area - 15'.
IF you find that your form is not as good as you move back, then you are probably past the distance that you can shoot comfortably.

How old are you? How long have you been playing?

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 02:17 

Im 16 years old and i have been playing basketball for 2 years, but i have a sufficient amount of experience and strength

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 05:57 

After you get the FORM correct... like I said.... just keep working yourself away from the basket.... 3-4 feet at a time.... but make sure you are successful before you move to the next step. Incorporate the jump shot into your game as you work your way back.

Start right next to the basket (blocks) for form every day, then work your way back, let us know how far you can move back and still be successful - be patient, you don't have to hit 3s the first day. (60-70%?) thats a hefty goal but no one will be covering you so it should be a little easier. See if you can work your way back to around 15 feet at first and see how that goes. Let us know what the results are.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2010, 14:45 

so what you mean by incorporate a jumpshot into your training is like basically add a jump to my form shooting. so add a jump to my grooving section in the form shooting training. ?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2010, 15:43 

After you do straight form shooting, then add the jump shot routine - staying close to the basket and working your way back as you get comfortable and have some success.