All times are UTC - 6 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2017, 11:35 

Posts: 1
I'm thinking of shooting 100 freethrows and completing this drill where I shoot from every post in the court (ABC) every single day to make my shooting more consistent do you think that's enough or will I have to do more?

I have really bad ball-handling and in matches, brick most shots, although I would say my form has improved, I've scored lesser now in games.

My teammates don't really pass to me because I can't dribble and most of the time just miss my shots, do you have any tips or drills you think would help me?

Also, I do not really have the range to shoot 3s as I am a bit short whenever I shoot the ball but I think what I'll need to work on most right now is my ball handling and rebounding.


 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017, 15:55 

Posts: 899
jereltoh wrote:
I'm thinking of shooting 100 freethrows and completing this drill where I shoot from every post in the court (ABC) every single day to make my shooting more consistent do you think that's enough or will I have to do more?
I think the more shots you can take (with the proper form) the better. Starting closer to the basket and moving to different spots in a semi-circle, then moving further from the basket on the next set of shots. Ten shots from each spot, have to end on a make before moving on. To make it more challenging as you get better, end on a swish before moving to the next spot. As far as how many shots each day, as many as you can do without getting burned out and not wanting to go back the next day.

Quote:
I have really bad ball-handling and in matches, brick most shots, although I would say my form has improved, I've scored lesser now in games.
Ball handling comes with practice just like shooting. Lots of basic drills on line, but some of my favorites are two ball dribbling drills you can do in your driveway or on the sidewalk. Bricking shots in games get easier as you practice with game-like conditions. Some of that could be the pace of play in a real game, which is why I always advocate making your practice harder/more challenging than a real game.

Quote:
My teammates don't really pass to me because I can't dribble and most of the time just miss my shots, do you have any tips or drills you think would help me?
Look up some basic dribbling drills and practice them as often as you can. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsy_tsmr7Jo

Another good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9co2GbNZCY

Quote:
Also, I do not really have the range to shoot 3s as I am a bit short whenever I shoot the ball but I think what I'll need to work on most right now is my ball handling and rebounding.
I wouldn't worry too much about your 3's right now, but keep in mind the further you get from the basket, the more you'll need to use your legs when shooting. A lot of kids end up forcing their shots from the outside because they don't get their butt down and use more legs.

_________________
CRob


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: