All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 12:43 

hi i have a big problem when i start to shoot at 2 points i score so i go at 3 points and i score too after a little time but after i can't score at 2 points too i make air ball i'm so long

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 07:27 

Just keep shooting and make sure you are using the proper form.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 10:49 

It's what i do but because i shoot at 3 points I push more with my legs and when i want shoot after at 2 points I push I think to much and i make an airball so I will more take care when i shoot to keep a proper form
Thank you for you answer

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 12:20 

j_hart is correct, the best way to improve shooting is to practice. Even better if you can have a buddy rebound for you while shooting. Switch off.

The best drill I've found is an "around the world" shooting drill where you start closer in and move in a semi-circle. Pick 5 spots around that semi-circle. Once you complete a semi circle you move out 5-6 feet and so on until you're completing a semi circle around the 3 pt line. You could start with 5 shots from each spot and you can only move to the next spot on a make. The drill moves fast and the rebounder is getting the ball quickly back to the shooter. Using two balls helps as the rebounder can just pass the ball in his hand as soon as the shooter shoots.

The more shots you take from different ranges, you'll begin to develop a finesse in your shot. Nothing like 75-100 shots per day x 365 days to get that shot down. ; )